Every so often, Si gets a chance to sit down for a chat with Bruce Hornsby, records it and publishes on the pages of Bruuuce.com.
May 24 2012 was one such day, and for an hour or so, a wide range of topics was covered.
You can download the results below – feel free to share them around, or link from your various social media pages…
Thanks to Bruce for taking time out of a ridiculously busy schedule (as you’ll hear).
Amongst the topics covered:
- what’s happening with the musical
- Red Hook Summer, and plans for the soundtrack
- other current projects and new songs he’s working on
- solo shows versus band shows
- modern classical music
- “owing” the audience
- “winging it”
- how the original records compare with today
- his sons’ influence on his music, and their take on those songs today
- the live downloads
- his taping policy and his own back catalog of his shows
- potential supergroup collaborations
- his typical schedule in a day
- and plenty more.
You can download it by right-clicking on the link below. Please enjoy it, and any feedback is most welcome!
Phone chat with Bruce
» 55.8 MiB - 1,544 downloads
An hour-long chat with Bruce. He discusses the musical, the Red Hook Summer soundtrack, the live downloads, current projects and a lot more. It also features the performance of The Way It Is which is discussed midway through, from Jazzfest in New Orleans in May 2012.
Recorded on May 24 2012.