As part of 2018’s Daily Dose Day on May 6, we were fortunate to sit down and speak with “Rooster” Ross Holmes for an interview. Ross is a four-year fiddler and mandolin player with Bruce Hornsby and the Noisemakers.
Ross is a compelling interview and a very engaging guy, so hopefully you’ll enjoy this very much.
- Contest fiddling
- Playing at the Alamo with Phil Collins on Davy Crockett’s fiddle(!)
- First connecting with Bruce
- Learning Bruce’s catalogue
- Being challenged by Bruce
- Improvising with the Noisemakers on stage
- Learning from Bruce and how the Noisemakers changed his playing
- His singing
- Approach to soloing and how the Noisemakers have changed that
- The greatest strength of the Noisemakers
- Current projects
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
- His status as a Noisemaker
- Bruce’s new fiddle player this summer, John Mailander
Here’s a listen to our chat – hope you like it!
Ross Holmes phone interview
» 37.6 MiB - 640 downloads
for Daily Dose Day 2018
Thanks to Ross for being so accommodating.
Here’s a video of the beautiful “We Fall a Sacrifice”, which Ross mentions early in the interview: