May 6 is the big release date for our next Bruce Hornsby cover project. Here’s your chance to contribute – we need a title!
Our previous releases have been really well received, helping to raise thousands for charities including the ALS Association and organisations for cancer research, child protection, mental health and multiple sclerosis care. Some tremendously talented and generous artists always bless these projects, and this one is no exception.
This time around, we wanted to offer a chance to contribute in a different way. We don’t yet have a title – so we’re inviting ideas!
In years gone by we’ve used either a play on a lyrics, or a part of Bruce’s story:
- Shadow Hands, based on the Shadow Hand song, reflecting others’ take on Bruce’s music
- Caesar Salad, after Bruce’s high school nickname of Caesar
- Strike Three, with a baseball-themed design
- Salivate, with drooling baby graphics imitating the Levitate record
- and most recently, Thick Custard, which seemed like a good idea at the time, and was a nod to the SCKBSTD musical.
Over to you!
This time we’re handing it over to you. You can base it on a some wordplay of a song lyric or title, or a piece of Bruce’s history, or something which you feel just fits. Whatever you have, please send your title to us and we’ll produce a graphic and website to match! Pick more than one if you like – the more, the merrier.
We’re not ruling out any late contribution to the project either… please contact us if you have access to a recording studio and can help. We need any entries by early April so that we can master them and include them on the website.
Daily Dose Day is May 6 – details can be found on the Daily Dose section of this website. More details on the big day are coming soon!